Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our very last post

It's time to say goodbye to this blog : It is about Kim and Lex moving to Australia and we've been in Australia for a few months now. In the last month it has been getting busier on the Sunshine Coast ( due to summer holidays ) but it's nowhere as busy as in Holland. The beaches are now populated with 10-20 people instead of 1-2, there are a few more cars rolling around town, but no traffic jams or anything nasty. We are thoroughly enjoying beachlife and if we can make and maintain a living I think this might well be a spot where we will stay for quite a while. We're in the middle of starting up a company which should make us a reasonable living, but ofcourse we'll need a little luck to make it all happen. All we can do now is work hard and get things going, while at the same time not forget to keep living outdoors and doing sports like wake-boarding and kite-surfing to keep us fit.

Kim, Lex, Tizz and Scamp - Over and out

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim and Lex.
I am just a visitor who wandered around and came across your blog several months ago, since when I followed your every single post, because I was also planning immigrating to Australia(in process now).

It's a nice blog, I have to say. Sorry that I never made a comment before and thank you for your posts that give me a little image about what life would be like in Australia, for I did not have any idea at all before.

Well, when I saw your last post today, I just couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway, I am glad that you are living a happy and hopeful life there.

And, if you wish, I don't mind making some "net friends" before hitting Australia. Here's my mailbox: two.three.three.max@gmail.com. Send me a mail...if you wish:)

Sky said...

Hey,

Stumbled across this - seems like you did exactly what I'm planning (though travelling through South America first!)

big shake up of the immigration rules on the 8th Feb this year, so things a little more difficult.

Waiting on my ACS, then Visa application etc etc and hope to move to Brisbane (I'm a C# .Net developer and read that you said Brisbane is an IT hub which was good news!)

Hope things are working out there, and thanks for writing a useful post!

Regards

Sky