Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Oh shit ! a snake !

Today we were working on our new company website when we heard a scuttle and saw a running puss come by the window. Normally our Tizz-Puss ain't all that fast and he likes to bake in the sun rather than walk around, so this strange behaviour prompted me to go and take a look at the front door where Tizz was running to. When I opened the front door I was standing face to face with a 1.5 meter olive green snake that our dear Tizz had cornered. Somehow it didn't come to mind, as later advised by Kim, to note all the details about his head-shape, eye color and general identification marks in case we got bitten and needed anti-venom, I just thought "Oh shit! a snake!". By that time the snake found a way out of his predicament, luckily not inside the house but outside onto the grass, with a Puss on it's tail. I tell you, that snake was fast ! I told Kim "Oh shit! a snake!" and she ran outside blindly rescueing her pussy cat by picking up a 10cm twig and running after the snake. Now this is commonly discouraged around these parts in Australia. I don't believe I ever saw a sign saying "Pick up the nearest and smallest twig you can find and wave it menacingly at the snake while you run after it". I came out with a bread knife which wasn't much bigger than Kim's twig, but Kim and her twig already chased the snake away. We made sure that Tizz wasn't bitten anywhere and luckily he wasn't.

Tizz will stay inside the house the rest of the day.

No comments: